Abraham Brotman was born August 5, 1872 in Galicia to Joseph and Chaye Brotman. He arrived in the United States on September 10, 1888, according to naturalization records, but the ship manifests show he arrived on September 19, 1889 with his younger brother David.
Abraham married Bessie, who was born about 1875 in Russia. Abraham died in Dec 1950. Bessie was born about 1875 in Russia. She died on 21 Jan 1945 in Brooklyn, Kings, New York, United States. Abraham and Bessie lived and raised their family in Brooklyn. Abraham had a number of different occupations, including being a tailor and working in the clothing industry.
Abraham became a US citizen on June 22, 1904. Max, his younger brother, was the witness on his naturalization form.
Abraham Brotman and Bessie Brotman had the following children:
1. ETHEL BROTMAN was born on 17 Oct 1899 in United States. She died in 1954. She married JACK GROSSMAN. He was born about 1900 in Russia.
Jack Grossman and Ethel Brotman had the following children: LEONARD GROSSMAN was born in New York. He married RITA.
MORTON GROSSMAN was born in New York. He married VIVIEN.
2. SADIE BROTMAN was born on 10 Sep 1901 in New York, New York. She died on 04 Apr 1987 in Orange (Age: 86). She married (1) PHILIP GOOTER.
Philip Gooter and Sadie Brotman had the following children: JOSEPH GEORGE GOOTER. He married PAULETTE. RITA GOOTER. She married LARRY.
3. RUTH BROTMAN was born about 1903 in New York. She married MAX ZIMMERMAN. He was born about 1900 in Austria. Max Zimmerman and Ruth Brotman had the following children: MURIEL ZIMMERMAN was born on 16 Mar 1926 in New York. She died on 01 Dec 2010 in Palm Desert, Riverside, California, USA (Age at Death: 84). She married NORMAN LOWENSTEIN. IRENE ZIMMERMAN was born about 1930 in New York. She married IRVING TAYLOR.
4. JOSEPH J. BROTMAN was born about 1906 in New York. He died in Feb 1925 in Brooklyn New York.
5. WILLIAM BARTON was born about 1908 in United States. He married HELEN. William Barton and Helen had the following child: i. JEFFREY BARTON.
6. EVELYN BROTMAN was born on 03 Jun 1912 in New York. She died on 09 Nov 1998 in Brooklyn, New York. She married Murray Weissler in 1936. He was born in 1911 in New York. Murray Weissler and Evelyn Brotman had the following children: RENEE WEISSLER was born in New York. She married MONTE CHILTON. PAULA WEISSLER married Gil Newman.
Joseph Brotman died as a young man
In the 1940 census, Abraham and Bessie were living with Evelyn and her family in Brooklyn.
Abraham has the following great-grandchildren: Eileen, Ira, Elaine, Jill, Michelle, Shari, Steven, Claudine, Barbara, Marcia, Beth, Rick, Steven, Scott, Alan, Brian, Beth, Barry, Howard, and about 25 great great grandchildren.
- Another day, another death certificate, and more confusion (brotmanblog.wordpress.com)